A company that has a well-constructed and well-developed manufacturing and production process can obtain the same results as those companies that have poor processes, and this is the basic reason why it is very important to use reliable statistical procedures. However, a company does not just hire a statistician, but rather, they hire someone who possesses expertise and is able to conduct scientific tests in order to identify any problems that may arise in their manufacturing process.
There are several steps to implement statistical quality control. The following are some of these steps:
* Determine the statistical test. It is a statistical test to make sure a particular system or manufacturing process does not produce results that are unacceptable and unreliable. This statistical test can include determining the level of accuracy of the data collected by the statistical tool, making sure that the procedure is carried out properly, and taking into consideration the fact that there will be variation among the tests to identify the system that can provide acceptable results.
* Conduct the statistical test. The statistical test should be done only after obtaining reliable data and testing the statistical procedure by using various statistical tools.
* Analyze the results obtained. You can analyze the results obtained during the statistical procedure in order to determine the factors that contributed to the results.
* Decide whether the statistical procedure should be continued. If the results were satisfactory, you will be able to continue using the statistical procedure, but if they were unsatisfactory, you can terminate the statistical procedure, in order to avoid the possibility of producing undesirable results.
* Hire the best person to do the statistical quality control. You can always choose to do this yourself, but hiring an expert can ensure that the procedure is conducted properly and that will ensure the reliability of the statistical data and result that you get.
* Perform the statistical procedure in an appropriate way. It is important for a statistical test to be conducted in a right way in order to ensure accuracy and reliability, and in order to avoid getting results that are not acceptable.
* Carry out the statistical quality control once per year. The statistical procedures can only be used in order to increase the statistical test results and to avoid any issues that can arise from the statistical test results.
* Review the statistical procedure in the last few years. If you find that the statistical procedure has not been used regularly in the past few years, it would be important for you to review its results in the past few years. in order to identify the problems that may have been identified and eliminate them.
* Conducting the quality control process periodically is also important. There are times when a change in the manufacturing process may have resulted in a large number of failures, but the statistics can still be used to improve the statistical test results, and in this case, you will need to perform the statistical quality control more often.
* Take the help of a statistician to do the statistical quality control. If your company has a large production and/or sales department, you can hire a professional to do the statistical quality control for you.